Sunday, March 3, 2013

the beginning of the end

     As I start to near the end of my college journey, I thought it would be nice to start a blog. I am not sure how good I will be at keeping this updated, but my hopes are to get in the habit of writing here before I begin my international journeys.
     I have traveled extensively with my family, and it is truly a passion of mine. However, I have never lived somewhere abroad for an extended period of time. With my boyfriend being from Brazil, and I hoping to teach English there for a year, I am starting to prepare myself mentally for the distance.
     These next few months will be my "practice sessions," though I doubt anyone is reading them. It's more for my own benefit. Honestly, I feel rather silly writing these things. But I do hope it will be handy, and will be a good way for me to share with my friends and family the adventures I am having.
     In a few months I will leave for Rome to study art history for a month. I cannot wait! It is a dream to study there, and I can't believe it's coming true! That will be the true test for this blog, and will be great practice for the coming year in Brazil. I recently received a new camera for my birthday, and I'm excited to put it to good use there. So, fingers crossed that I figure out all this blog stuff!
~Vanessa

     P.S. Also, I'm really excited about the "translate" feature! My boyfriend and I owe our relationship to translate, for when we started dating he hardly spoke English! I'm excited that he and his family will be able to read this in the future :p



 

No comments:

Post a Comment