Sunday, March 10, 2013

     This weekend was the start of my course to teach English internationally. It's been a grueling two days, with 10 hours of class a day. But I am absolutely loving it! We had to do a practice lesson today, and it wasn't as difficult as I thought. I "taught" the class prepositions and used a fun activity to help them learn it. I am really getting excited about the opportunities to teach abroad! I can see it being very difficult to simply stay in one country. I want to explore everywhere, so maybe I'll use this as an opportunity to do so. Brazil is definitely the top choice for teaching right now, but perhaps after a year there I will go to Argentina or Chile. I want to be one of those people who is fluent in multiple languages. A girlfriend of mine is fluent in four languages, and on a recent trip I heard her speak all four. It was absolutely incredible- she was able to communicate with strangers that otherwise she would have missed out on. The Italian boys outside the bar? No problem. Same with the guy from Uruguay who needed his picture taken. She had such an effortless talent of being able to communicate with different people. This is something I aspire to have! Mine German needs a lot more work, but for now it will have to be put on hold. Hopefully after spending a year in Brazil, I will be fluent in Portuguese and will be able to move on to more languages. I am so grateful for this incredible opportunity that I have, and I cannot wait to see where it leads!

No comments:

Post a Comment